Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Ding-Dong Door Dilemma

When you have been "under construction" as long as we have, you begin to want something in order. Is it possible to have at least one place completely finished and inviting to guests?

Our house was built in 1965 and there have only been minimal changes by previous homeowners. And since I live with "Mr. Handyman" himself, we have undergone some major renovations of our own. We are soooo close to being done, and still so far away! If only we could win the lottery.....

Insert my "ding-dong door dilemma"...

I want at least one thing DONE! So I looked around the house and decided, an inviting front door would be the best place to start. And I'm going to do this myself {or at least with minimal help from the hubster}.

After taking a closer look, our front door was worse off than I had imagined. {insert embarrassed expression here}



I have colors that I like, but don't know what would look the best. Here is where you can help. I picked out the "Welcome" mat and the new door....now what color should the door be? Stick with the burgundy family? Go bold with a deep blue? Or blend more with a brown? Or do you have a better idea?? I always know what I like, but have a hard time executing.

So I'm asking for your help .... solve my "ding-dong dilemma" please!

No comments:

Post a Comment