Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Nostalgia...Gets Me Every Time!

Whether it's driving down a street, a smell in the kitchen, a saying, or a candy, little things can flood you with memories. And I am a sucker for remembering. 

Things that remind me of my childhood, my grandparents, great-grandparents, or other family and school friends are some of the memories I enjoy the most. They always seem to bring back the simpler times.

So when my children find a candy from "back in the day" that I haven't seen in a while, I become a pushover for the nostalgia!

One such time, we were in Home Depot to pick up a couple of items I needed for a craft project. The kiddos had been pretty good that day, traveling to a few different stores to pick up all the necessary items for my project. And I had promised them a treat for their good behavior. We get up to the check out and there are numerous candies and snacks to choose from. But something had already caught my little man's eye. When he asked for a Push Pop, I paused.


The colorful cap with the black writing. The yellow tube that sticks on your finger to push up the candy. It all sent me back to 3rd grade summer. My best friend, Kristy, and I would ride our bikes through the neighborhood and down some dirt paths to the convenience store. This little store was a bit intimidating, but together, we could do anything! And we would take whatever money we could gather from our piggy banks to buy candy. Chewy Sweetarts, Airheads, Push Pops, and Cow Tails .... memories!

Memories that make me a sucker for buying suckers for my kids! Maybe they will conjure memories for them as well!

What makes you nostalgic?

No comments:

Post a Comment