Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Steps and Steps

Holy Hiatus, Batman! 

I have been so incredibly busy that typing information into my computer has been pretty low on the totem pole. BUT, I would really like to change that.

Confession #1 of the 2013 year {in February, no less}:
I like to count my steps! 

No, I do not sit there and physically count my steps all day long. I wear a pedometer. The brand I use is called a fitbit and it is on my person 24 hours a day!

The nifty little contraption can fit just about anywhere from your pants pocket to your bra strap. 


This little pedometer not only tells me how many steps I take a day, but how many calories I burn, how many flights of stairs I climb, how many miles I walk, and the time. At night, it can track how many times I wake up during my sleep. {So interesting to compare nights you feel more rested than others!} And best of all, I can track my daily, weekly, and even monthly progress online.

A big plus, while I'm still battling with this baby weight, is that I can also track my calorie intake ON MY iPHONE!!! How awesome is that?! 

My daily goal is to have 7,000-10,000 steps a day ... 7,000 is fairly easy to get if you are moving constantly throughout the day. But 10,000 usually only comes on days I go to the gym. {I have stepped as many as 12,000 steps in a day, but my feet were sore by the end of the day!!}

And of course, it's almost like a game. What is the highest percentage of my goal that I can attain in a day/week? If I'm close to meeting another 500-1,000 steps, you could see me walking/jogging/dancing in my room before bed. I may be extremely exhausted, but my desire achieve my goal supersedes my desire for sleep. I. MUST. HAVE. MORE. STEPS! 

Honestly, I feel more energized and active because of my need to count steps! 

**These are my own opinions. I was not compensated for this post, just wanted to share my love for this product and how it has helped me in my life!**

No comments:

Post a Comment