Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 7

Today I'm thankful for my job. Yes, technically I am a stay-at-home-mom and am so lucky to have that job. But this year I picked up something a little more my musical style.

I have the opportunity to teach music to preschoolers (ages 1-5) two times a week. They even help take care of my girls while I am there, allowing me some time doing something I love.

Music has always been a love of mine. I've sung in choirs and such since I was 10 years old. And there is something magical about seeing a two year old with a big smile on their face while they are bobbing their head in rhythm to "Old McDonald Had a Farm'"

And somehow, these children are teaching me. You see, the preschool is at a church and during the time I am there, I get to share a little spiritual message with the kids. They may not be the same denomination as I am, and they may not be the same denomination as the preschool. Yet, we are learning about God and His love for each one of us.

Last month we talked about the love Jesus Christ has for us. I told the kids I was going to show them a picture of someone Jesus loves. I then passed around a mirror and asked the kids who was in the picture. The smiles on their faces was priceless! And each child knew that they were loved.

Not long after I began these lessons, I realized I needed to be doing that same thing for my children. So of course, I implemented a little spiritual message in our home on a daily basis (well, that's my intentions anyway!). I feel like it has truly made a difference in our home.

It may not pay the bills .... it may not be the highest caliber of learning .... however, I love my job and am thankful for the things I learn from these kids daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment